On the Quest for my Song

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lessons learned...in Christmas shopping

So clearly I haven't been to our mall in a very long time, seeing as how there are stores in there I have never heard of before. Being there today reminded me why I haven't been and why I usually do my Christmas shopping weeks in advance, but there were a few things I did learn!!

* "I left my license in my other purse," works a lot better at the mall than it does at the Glass Cactus. (Yes, I am the worst at this)

* There are people with a phobia of birds and I'm thinking this was not brought on so much by the movie Birds, but rather by the shrill sounds of attack being made over loud speakers outside the mall to ironically keep the birds away.

* Steve and Barry's may say they have all the colleges, but they do not have any Rutgers t-shirts. However if you would like a $15 hoodie instead you can find one. However, I enjoyed S&B because it was miles less crowded and had soothing music on.

* I didn't know Hibbett Sports existed in Texas, let alone Abilene.

* Walking into a candle store can make you hungry.

* You would think at least a few people in Abilene work 8-5, but no. All 120,000 of them are at the mall at 3:45 in the afternoon.

* Jewelers actually have military financing available. Isn't that a bit biased to the other poor people who want nice bling? Like say, teachers?

* All the men in the mall can be found shopping in one of three stores: Victoria's Secret, Zales or Bath and Body Works

* I would much rather be at home reading about crazy people than out shopping with them.

* People will run you over with no regard because they have their eye on that perfect parking spot.

* If you are trying to avoid ANYONE, do not go to the mall. You are guaranteed that 50% of the people you come in contact with will recognize you.

* I am scared of the ladies that sell lotion. The only sure fire way to avoid being sucked in to a demonstration is to avoid eye contact at all costs.

* There is something ironic about Silent Nigh being pumped in via loudspeakers to a crowded mall.

* I would be a compulsive shopper...if I weren't poor.

* There is a reason I don't exit via the east exit onto the access road.

* When you start getting a headache and people start spinning like kindergarteners doing the washing machine dance, it is time to leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home